West Africa: A
future of shared roles in pharmaceutical development
West Africa is a region with
about 250 million people, comprising of Nigeria, Ghana, Cote D
Voire, Togo, Niger among others. The sub-region is almost a third
of the whole of Africa.
The West Africa Pharmaceutical Industry consists of Manufacturers
and Importers of pharmaceutical. Imports of pharmaceutical
finished products accounts for over 60% of the pharmaceutical
There is a strong presence of
in the sub-region, there are currently over 200 active
manufacturers of pharmaceutical in West Africa.
According to IMS forecast, Nigeria’s
is worth about $2.5 billion serving 150 million Nigerians. The
pharmaceutical market in West Africa has been growing at between
5% - 7% annually. The market is expected to rise steadily in the
next few years.
1. Global Pharma Market Scenario
2. Challenges and Opportunities of West African Pharma Industry
3. Strategic Alliances and M & A in the Pharma Industry
4. Distribution / Logistics in the pharmaceutical industry
5. Active raw ingredients for pharmaceutical production
6. Pharmaceuticals for special diseases